In this talk I covered what you should consider, and avoid, when choosing fonts for your site. Note: There are captions below the slides when it is in slideshow mode. For expedience, I resisted the temptation to mess with the caption styling. **Also note: **This talk’s focus is on choosing fonts, not typesetting. There are some mis-uses of quotes and dashes here. Mostly due to bad habits developed as a result of their incompatibility with code.
- About me / twitter: @jackreichert
- Hermann Zapf
- The Non-Designer’s Design Book
- The Elements of Typographic Style
- The Crystal Goblet, or Printing Should Be Invisible
- Aaron Draplin on Flickr
- Hosted Webfonts: typekit.com / fonts.com / google.com/fonts
- Aesop’s Fables with HAND-PICKED TYPE from Google Fonts
- Foundations of Typography: Choosing and Combining Typefaces (Lynda.com)
- JAF Facit
- Some fonts used in this presentation
- Great font pairings: www.typography.com
- Enqueue code gist / “Bullet Proof” @font-face
- Font Squirrel Webfont Generator
- Typekit fonts for WordPress (plugin) – you should be able to use this for the fonts.com embed code as well.
- Google Font Manager (plugin)
Edit: I’d like to add a special shout-out to the good people at Canva for putting together this gorgeous visual glossary of typographic terms.